Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Tonight we celebrated Jesus's birthday. We are going to be out of town on Christmas, so we wanted to open our family presents before we left. There is no reason to trek them across country and back! Some other moms have shared with me that they bake a cake for Jesus and have a party to celebrate his birth. Will and I made the cake today and we had our celebration after church tonight. We were going to have our celebration tomorrow night, but I really wanted to eat the cake tonight. Will was so excited to celebrate Jesus's birthday tonight. He got to blow out the candles and eat the ice cream cake. After we ate our cake, we opened our family presents. We each had one present to open. We're trying not to have Will focused on getting a lot of gifts, plus we really don't need too many more toys! Will opened his gift first. Joe and I got him 6 new books to read. Reading is his favorite thing to do, so he was very excited. He's really into the Little Critter books, so we bought him a couple of those along with some Thomas books. I opened my gift from Joe and Will. I asked for a new robe to wear when I have to nurse Lauren in the middle of the night. Joe found the softest robe and it is so warm and comfy. Joe opened his gift from Mommy and Will. We bought him a pair of headphones to use when he plays bass. He was very happy with his new toy. Grandpa and Grandma had sent their gift up to Will already and he got to open that tonight, too. (They don't want to bring that across country, either!) They got him a play grill with play food. He loves the kitchens at church, but I was hesitant to buy a boy a pink kitchen. Mom found this grill and thought that it was a "manly" kitchen for Will to play with.





No comments: