Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Little Helpers

It's been a while since I've posted. Life has been pretty busy around here. Joe spent two weeks in Hawaii with the National Guard for his Annual Training. While he was gone, my parents spent some time up here. It was great to see mom and dad - mom was able to stay for a little over two weeks, while dad had to get back to work after his long weekend up here. We got a lot of yard work done while they were here. Our yard was lacking in landscaping, so Joe and I decided to spend some tax refund money to make it look better. We had free help (mom and dad) and boy did they work hard. By the time my mom left, we had a retaining wall, topsoil, and new plants and trees. When Joe got home we had to put the mulch down. I ordered it on Friday, but then regreted it's arrival when I heard there was a huge storm coming through. I don't keep up with the news or the weather..... Joe got home from work and rushed to get the mulch down. One of the boys next door wanted to help, and boy was he a big help. I was forbidden to touch a shovel, so I raked the mulch around and distributed it with my hands. Will is the best worker, too. He worked the whole time with his little shovel. He was very serious about helping daddy with the mulch. He would get a small shovel full and put it in the flower beds. His friends came over to help, too. They had rakes and shovels and they all worked so hard. I think everybody got baths that night. It was so neat to see the kids working so hard. We got the last wheelbarrow full down just as the wind and rain started to fall. Joe rushed to cover what was left of the mulch with tarps and I rushed Ella and Will inside. It was a fun and productive night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to send a comment (third try!) and I hope this one is successfully completed. As I said before, we check the blogspot every day for news of the Stone household.The pictures(ultrasound)of the expected arrival are so amazing. And the account of your outdoor activities sound very labor-intensive but quite productive.Diddy and Papa John