Saturday, June 21, 2008

Let's Go Camping!

This year Will had a camping party for his birthday. He wanted some of his buddies to spend the night in his tent, but we decided that it would be just as much fun to have a couple of his friends over to roast hot dogs and marshmallows and play "camping out." The kids had a great time. We roasted hot dogs for our dinner (we made our guests make their own food!), had a scavenger hunt, and ate s'mores! What a fun party.We were so happy when Nathan (and his family) decided to come up from Knoxville for the weekend! It is so nice to have them here to help us celebrate Will's birthday. As I'm typing this, the boys are downstairs (in the basement) talking in the tent. I don't think they'll ever go to sleep. Will received a bug flashlight (with a compartment to hold bugs that you catch) and they have the flashlight on in their tent as they talk away. It's so cute! I think they believe that they're really camping out!Lauren playing in the sandbox with some friends. Will and Carson enjoying their dinners. Will with his scavenger hunt loot - He found a big leaf, a small leaf, a rock, a stick, and a bug.
Nathan with his scavenger hunt loot (though Will's head is in the way). He found everything, too!
Roasting marshmallows (and swinging!).
Will and Jackson eating s'mores!

Lauren swinging! What a cutie.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Will. I wish I could have been there this year. Maybe next... great party Julie. You're an amazing mom!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures !!!!
Lauren is really starting to look like Mommie and Grandma !!
I'm glad the camping party was such a huge success.

Love,
Nonnie