Joe is currently training for a sprint triathlon at our gym here in town. He leaves for the gym around 6:30 every morning so that he can workout before work. Will usually sleeps through the commotion, but Mondays are always different. Our trash pickup is on Monday mornings..... early Monday morning. They usually pick up the trash around 6:00 (sometimes earlier). It wouldn't be so bad if we just lived on a normal street, but we live on a court of 8 houses. Most of the garbage trucks here in Lexington have the little trash can grabbing arm that grabs the trash can and dumps in into the truck. The poor truck driver has to go into reverse MANY times to make the rounds on our street. Will calls the trash trucks "beep beeps" because of the noise they make in reverse. So at 6:00 Monday morning everyone on our street is WIDE awake and wishing the trash pickup was a little later.
So, this morning Will was awake in his crib. He was playing his aquarium and trying to go back to sleep. He wasn't crying, but I could hear him moving around a lot. After a couple rounds of the aquarium, he started calling for me. I went into his room and he looked so sleepy. I picked him up and ran back to the warmth of my bed. He cuddled with me (after making sure Ella was in bed) and fell asleep.

I laid down next to him. He hasn't slept in our bed since he was a little baby and it was nice to have him so close. The phone rang (grandma called on her way to MOPS) and I left the room. Will was asleep at the head of the bed and Ella was at the foot of the bed (under the covers, of course!). When I came back into the room, this is what I found. Ella had decided she was suppose to take care of Will. Too cute!
1 comment:
We really love the messages and the pictures on the blog site. Keep it up!
Post a Comment